Thursday, May 14, 2009

End of the school year

Hi everyone

A little bit of house cleaning first. I updated my last post with winners so check it out and email me your address if you won so I can send off a prize.

For those of us with kids the school year is coming to a close. I thought it would be fun to list a few of my favorite end of the year pages and have you share yours. One of my favorite things to do is a before/after page. Most of us take the traditional first day pics but I like to a week or so before the kids get out ( I try not to wait till the last day b/c it usually is a crazy one for the teachers) take a picture of each child and their teacher for that year. I've even been known to ask the teacher to write a short note to include on the page when I scrap this. I find my kids love looking back a few years later and seeing what their teacher had to say about them. There are also end of the year festivities, most schools have a field day or mini-Olympics of some sort. So get out those cameras and catch some of the end of the year madness.

This one those of you without kids could easily do as well. I love to make a 1 page ,usually just an 8.5 x 11 size, with a list about what we hope to do this summer. I list all the places I, my husband (and kids if you have them) really want to go and then as we check them off the list I make a collage pagee next to the list page with just 1 pic from the event and a picture of the family member who picked it. I've had the kids write their list so I have a copy in their writing. I find this is a great way to make/record memories.

So what do you like to scrap this time of year?
Have a great one.
Shannon

No comments:

Post a Comment