Friday, April 15, 2011

Product Spotlight--Studio Calico State Fair

Happy Friday!!! And boy I can't begin to tell ya just how happy I am that today is Friday...Whoot! Whoot!! As I promised I would show off some of out Design Team's most colorful layouts this month, and I do not think you could choose a more colorful bunch than our projects created using Studio Calico's State Fair. I know...it is kinda intimidating. None of the colors really match, the patterns are BOLD, and some of the patterns are kinda vintage-ish and some not...what to do, right? Well, take a look at what our girls did...

It's Your Birthday by Melanie

Happy Hikers by Jenny

The Fair by Melanie

Navy Pier by Jenny

Mail Time by Lan
Pretty fabulous, right? And some of the girls admitted to having a bit of trouble with this line. Here are a few pointers...

1. It was created by someone...they know what they are talking about! Meaning...this line was created to go together, and as you can see, it does. You sometimes just have to let go of what you think you know and throw caution to the wind, and just CREATE!!
2. Use it in small doses...chop it up!! Sometimes when I am faced with BOLD, COLORFUL papers I create layouts with strips. See Melanie's layout The Fair.
3. You can never go wrong with a grid layout!! This line is just perfect for Aphra's sketch this month. Again it is in small doses, but it a more uniformed, organized fashion. See Jenny's layout Navy Pier and Lan's layout Mail Time.
4. And when in doubt, you can ALWAYS make a card! See Melanie's card It's Your Birthday.

Hope this helps...try something new! Give it a try!

I would also like to invite you to our Spring Online Crop going on NOW in our Message Board. There are challenges, giveaways, and LOTS of fun to be had today and tomorrow. Come on...JOIN US!!

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for the great tips, Frances! What makes you think any of us have ever been afraid of paper? (haha, raising my hand now...)

    ReplyDelete
  2. These LOs and cards are great! I love seeing all the different takes on the same papers! Even the 2 LOs which use the big ferris wheel paper are different and cool!

    ReplyDelete