Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Photo Collages with Jenny!!

If you're like me, you probably have a TON of photos to scrap! Sometimes it can be a little overwhelming, but my motto is, "Every picture scrapped is a memory preserved," so just take it one page at a time. ;)

One way I have found to really help me get a lot of pictures scrapped is to use photo collages. You've probably seen several pages from me in the Idea Gallery using photo collages. They are so quick and easy, and I like how it gives the page a nice, clean look without being too overcrowded with pictures all over the place.

There are SEVERAL places out there to create and print photo collages, but one of my favorite sites to use for my collages is Big Huge Labs. No downloading of any program required...just simply go to Big Huge Labs, register/sign in, and click on "Mosaiac Maker."

There, you will be able to upload the pictures you want to use and the type of collage you want to make. Easy peasy! You are able to save these collages to your own computer and print from home, which I love since I don't have any of the big-name photo processors around me.

I always leave a few of the photo spots blank on my collages and use these "empty" spots for journaling, patterned papers, embellishments, or a title. Here are some of the pages I have created using the Mosaic Maker from Big Huge Labs:







As you can see, these collages have helped me get a LOT of photos onto pages! They are super simple to use. You only have to add a few things after the collage to complete your page. I hope you'll give them a try and see for yourself! :)

5 comments:

  1. Oh Jenny!!! I always love your collages, and thank you-thank you for sharing!! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, that's a great idea to leave a blank spot for journaling or other embellies... Thanks for that tip! :) (And I agree - your collage LO's are wonderful!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jenny thank you for sharing your "trick" I will definitely have to try doing that. Love your layouts!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can't wait to try this! It looks so much faster than creating the collage myself by cutting and pasting - and faster and better laid out than what I can make in photoshop on my own! Great resource! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those are amazing pages Jenny - thanks so much for sharing - I'll have to give that site a try!

    ReplyDelete