Monday, March 5, 2012

DT Inspiration: Spring Home Decor

Hello there, everyone!  Jenny here.

Ahhh....it's almost springtime! Here in central Texas, we have been having some gorgeous Spring-like weather in the 70s and 80s. :) I love it!

I don't know about you, but the beautiful weather has me wanting to spruce up my home and yard and tackle a few "spring cleaning" projects. With the inspiration from sites like Pinterest, I have been playing with a few home decor projects. We all love using our scrap supplies for layouts and cards, but home decor projects are certainly doable with the lovely items from our TSR kits too! :)

Here are a couple I have created lately:


For this framed wall art, I bought a $3 black divided frame at Wal-Mart and used leftover pieces from the January 2012 monthly kit. Instead of adding photos in the photo slots, I used my papers and embellishments to create 1-of-a-kind artwork. :)

Also using the January 2012 monthly kit leftovers, I created this:


I bought a 3-pack of super cheap little canvases (again from Wal-Mart), and painted 1 of the canvases dark gray. I then punched little hearts out of all my paper scraps from the January kit and adhered them to my canvas. I also added the canvas letter stickers to spell "love." These letter stickers were also included in the kit, so I already had everything I needed! :) I Mod-Podged over everything and let it dry, and then I set the canvas on a cute little black metal easel. This is now proudly displayed on my fireplace mantle.

So, if you are running out of pictures to go with your kit leftovers...or if you just don't feel like scrapping a page or card with your leftover supplies...try out some home decor projects instead! There are tons of super easy and quick ideas out there, and I hope you are inspired to add a little personal homemade touch to your own home. :)

1 comment: