Monday, March 12, 2012

DT Inspiration: Perfectly Punched Pennants

Hi there TSR peeps! Aphra here today with a quick and easy tutorial for creating perfect pennants every time. In case you haven't noticed, I have been a bit obsessed with banners and pennants on my layouts and cards for a little while. Well, recently, I discovered a trick that makes them even easier to make. I thought I'd share it with you today.



First, gather together your supplies. A couple of square punches, any size, and some strips of patterned paper, any length but close in width to your punches


Next, you will flip your punch over and place your strip into it at an angle. Keep sliding your paper in until the two sides are lined up with the edges of the square. Then, punch.


Then, voila, you have nice even pennant edges! Here's how I used it on the left side of my Recipe Card layout.


I hope you'll give this quick and easy trick a try. If you do, leave me a comment on this post so I can see. Have a great day!

4 comments:

  1. AH! Brilliant! I'll give this a go... and I have some decorate edge square punches that might be cool. THANKS!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do this with my CM Sq. makers. ;) It is a cute, cute page! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great Idea! I love banners too, and this will make them look more even on my layouts! Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete