Sunday, April 22, 2012

DT Inspiration: Easy Cards to Make

When I first saw the Dear Lizzy paper: Dreamy Days...I knew I would make some quick, but cute cards! It just screams to cut it apart...so I did :)



Here are the three cards I created using this month's kit.



Hint, hint, hint: A little bundle of these cards tied with ribbon would make a great Mother's day gift for your mom!



Here are directions to create your own:

1. Cut out (1) polaroid image from Dear Lizzy: Dreamy Days Paper.

2. Cut out (1) 4"x 12" strip of pattern paper (this will be the front of card) 

3. Cut (1) 4"x 9.25" strip from the pattern paper you just cut.  

4. You now have (1) 4"x 9.25" and (1) 4" x 2.75" strips

5. Mount polaroid image on 4"x 2.75" pattern paper as shown

6. Wrap twine around bottom of pattern paper. (Yes, you will have to use some of your twine stash. No worries because Tammy has more in the TSR shop). Add button and twine bow.

7. Fold 4"x9.25" pattern paper in half to create card base.

8. Adhere mounted polaroid to card base as shown.

9. Ink edges, stamp sentiment, add a bit of bling, or chipboard piece to card if desired.



Now I'm off to create more of these cards with my extra polaroid pieces. Be sure to post your cards in the TSR gallery!

Thanks!
Melanie

No comments:

Post a Comment