Tuesday, May 8, 2012

DT Inspiration: Teacher Appreciation Pins

Hello everyone-

The month of May is an exciting and busy one for sure, but don't forget that it's also Teacher Appreciation time! As a preschool teacher myself, I can honestly say that teachers truly appreciate the little gestures of gratitude from their students and students' parents.

I've been browsing the web, trying to find some ideas on teachers' gifts using scrapbook supplies. Pinterest, of course, is my favorite place to look for creative ideas online, and I have found some cute projects using scrapbook supplies to create gifts for my boys' teachers. :)

First up, I found these adorable (and easy!) cookie containers using Pringles cans, scrapbook paper, and ribbon:


How cute are those?! And surely everybody likes cookies, right? ;)

Next, I love these cute and functional Post-It note holders:


I am always trying to find a piece of paper to jot down a quick note or reminder in my classroom, and these would just be so perfect for that! All they take is a clear photo frame, some scrapbook paper, and a couple of embellishments!

And lastly, let's not forget the "Keep Calm & Carry On" trend! I have seen numerous ideas using the "Keep Calm" phrase, and I am in love with this "Keep Calm & Teach On" altered frame! It's a great reminder for teachers, especially on those hectic and crazy days (trust me, I teach 2 and 3-year-olds...I could use this reminder daily! LOL)


Using some leftover scrapbook supplies, it would be so super easy to create a cute little frame like this! Tie a pencil on the side of the frame, add the sentiment in the middle of the frame, and you're all done!

Don't forget the teachers in your childrens' lives this month. They work countless hours, even before and after the school bell has rung, to make sure that your child gains knowledge and succeeds in life. I hope you will take a few minutes to sit down at your scrap table, pull out your leftovers, and share a little happiness with the lovely men and women who are educators. :)

Jenny

2 comments: