Saturday, June 23, 2012

June Page Starter Verison 2


Last week I introduced the June Page Starter and showed you my sample layout. Today, I have another version to share. One with brighter colors and a little more whimsical feel. Here, take a look.

Swim Lessons

For this layout, I used the Fancy Pants Summer Soul Page kit that comes in the June Double Shot and 4 2" x 3" photos mounted together. To give this layout a little more whimsical feel, I turned the large 5.5" circle into a sun by adding 1" and  2" notched paper strips as rays. The yellow paper is actually from the May Fancy Pants Be You page kit. LOVE that the colors work so well with this month's kit.

I decided to anchor my title right onto the sun. The blue chipboard alphas are Thickers that I had in my stash and the October Afternoon Orange Mini Market Alphabet Stickers came in the May Venti kitMy original idea was to curve the title along the edge of the circle, but that didn't work so well with the rays. I might just have to do a third layout, so I can create a title around the circle. LOL! 

To create my embellishment cluster, I cut two surf boards from the Fancy Pants Beach Towel patterned paper and then layered on three of the Elements Stickers, a button, and some twine.  You can see in the picture below that I created dimension with pop dots and clear dots.  

So, have you completed a layout with the June Page Starter formula yet?  If so, be sure to link up to the original post HERE by midnight on Saturday, June 30th to be eligible to win a $10 gift certificate to the TSR store.  Happy scrapping!

3 comments:

  1. Another great take on the Page Starter! That Fancy Pants line is perfect with your photos!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this, Aphra! Love how you did the sun with little banner pieces. Can't wait to lift this! :)

    ReplyDelete