Friday, November 9, 2012

Aphra is Inspired By...

While trolling the web,  I fell in LOVE with this layout by Patricia Roebuck at the American Crafts blog.


I just knew I had to repeat the leaf effect on one of my layouts this month.  I used the Echo Park Fall Fever line, my Cricut, and the Simply Scarecrow cartridge.  Here's what I came up with.


I wish that I had taken the time to stitch down the center of my leaves.  While I was creating the page, I thought that crumpling them a bit would be enough texture.  But you just can't beat that stitched effect.  


I backed the die cut frame with some paper, covered up the word with a leaf, and then layered on a die cut title from the same cartridge.  To make the word Fall have a little more presence, I cut it out of two different colors and then offset it a bit.  

This was a quick and easy page with lots of layers and textures thanks to my inspiration piece and my Cricut!

See ya soon,
Aphra

No comments:

Post a Comment