Monday, March 18, 2013

How Melanie Created Her Layout

I loved this month's Dear Lizzy line...especially the "Love You" paper. Here is a little step by step on how I created my layout this month.

Step 1: Gather all the lovely goodies up.

Step 2: I liked how I laid out my pattern paper in the picture above. So I copied this and created my background. I did cut the "Love You" paper out horizontally so you could read the words.

Step 3: I start arranging the pattern paper pieces onto the heart pattern paper. I did want one word of "punched out" journaling card to stand out. So I placed a piece of the striped pattern paper behind the word "heart".  I also added some chevron arrows along the right side of the layout.

Step 4: Then I placed my photo on top of the pattern paper pieces (I forgot to take a picture of this). Next came time to use all the lovely embellishments included in the FOTM and embellishment kits.
Washi, chipboard butterfly, enamel dot
Chipboard arrows
Fabric tag and chipboard heart
Step 5: My finished layout:

I hope you liked this little step by step on how I created my layout!

- Melanie

No comments:

Post a Comment