Monday, June 17, 2013

Use Up Those Scraps!

Seeing Aphra's "Project Disney" layouts really inspired me to take another look at some leftover Disney World photos I've had in a box since 2009.  I've scrapped lots of Disney pages from that trip, but I still have a lot of "extra" photos that are too special for me to just throw out. It might be the look on someone's face in the picture....a little detail that captures a special moment...you know what I'm talking about.  I printed almost every single Disney photo because each one, even though it may be similar to another photo, helps capture something special that I didn't want to forget.  I'm sentimental like that. ;)

Anyway, scrapping every single Disney photo that I took is probably not 100% possible, but using the "Project Disney" style of layout certainly helps get those photos into the album and the stories told!  So....here's what I did:

Using my leftovers from the June kit, I cut papers down to the sizes I needed to fill each pocket, added a few small embellishments or Disney stickers that I've had forever, and added photos. Once my journaling was written, I had 8 Disney photos scrapped and documented!  It was SO easy and SO fast!  And, it's the perfect way to kill some TSR kits. 

Pull out a couple of divided page protectors, some leftover TSR kits, and see what you can create. Every photo scrapped is a memory documented forever.  That's really what it's all about, right? :)

- Jenny

No comments:

Post a Comment