Wednesday, September 17, 2014

Off Topic with Tammy: Urban Camping

Today, I am working from the parking lot of a Chick-fil-A in Wisconsin. My mom, my son, some of his friends, and I are part of the "First 100" for this store's Grand Opening. We left the house at 4:00 am, hoping to be among the first 100, who are invited to camp in the parking lot for 24 hours. In return for arriving 24 hours early to be among their first customers, Chick-fil-A gives each of us a card, loaded with 52 chicken sandwich meals. Yea! 

Today is a beautiful day for "Urban Camping," as my husband likes to call it. We are enjoying the sunshine and cool breezes, and I'm loving the fact that Chick-fil-A is feeding us while we're here and then feeding my family 52 chicken sandwich meals over the course of the next year! Thank you, Chick-fil-A!

This whole "CFA Opening thing" is something that my son and I started doing together early this year as a fun way to connect and make a few special memories. This is our third opening and probably our last, as he is heading off to college in Missouri in January. I know it's strange, but I've loved sharing this strange activity with him. We call it "our thing." Having my mom join us this time around makes it extra-special - 3 generations to share this "Urban Camping" experience. It'll be something for the scrapbooks!


No comments:

Post a Comment